- JOKES PAGE
Know your From Western PA When...
You walk carefully when it's slipppy outside.
2. You often go down to the "crick".
3. You tell >your children to "red up" their rooms.
4. You've ever gotten hurt by falling into a "jaggerbush".
5. Your mother or grandmother has been seen wearing a "babushka"
on her head.
6. You've ever "warshed" the laundry.
7. You firmly believe that George "Warshington" is on the dollar
8. Mr. Webster is wrong. You know full well that "ain't" is an
9. You know you can't drive too fast on back roads, because of the deer.
10. "Gumbands"... need I say more?
11. You think Mario Lemieux is a god.
12. When he returned to the Pen's, you or someone you know had a
13. You know Beaver Valley, Moon, Mars, Aliquippa, Monaca, Center,
New Castle, are actually names of towns.
14. A girl walks up to three of her girl friends...."hey GUYS."
15. You hear you guyses, and don't think twice. (ex. you guises house is
16. You know the three rivers by name. Yep, sure do. But, the tie breaker
would be, can a person then spell them?
17. You remember the blizzard of '50 and remember not being able to
go outside because the snow was over your head, and you would have
18. You've made an igloo and the neighborhood kids have played in
19. You drink "pop", eat "hoagies", love perogies and
20. "Let me warsh these towels."
21. We don't have Chick-fil-a's or Waffle Houses
22. You know what a still mill is.
23. "I live just west of Picksburgh. "
24. You go to Ocean City or Virginia Beach for vacation.
25. You expect temps in the winter to be record breaking cold and temps in
the summer to be record breaking hot.
26. You know what Eat 'N Park is and the song that goes with it...Eat N
Parks the place...for...SMILES.
27. You've been to Quaker Steak and Lube and LOVED it.
28. Y'ns is a commonly used word.
29. You don't have a spring break in high school.
30. You want to go to Pitt.
31. You spend your summers at Kennywood, SandCastle, or Idlewild
33. You've been to the museum and the Pittsburgh Zoo for school
34.You've swum in either the river or the fountain at the Point.
35. You know what is meant by the Point.
36. You know every word to Here We Go. (Here we go, Steelers, here we go
,Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl)
37. Chipped ham was always in your refrigerator when you were
38. You refuse to buy any condiments besides Heinz.
39. No matter how hard you try you can't stop speaking Pittsburghese.
40. You are reading this......
41. You send this on to family and friends who used to live in the
Pittsburgh area! Amen!!